First, we want everyone to know that Carolina Skylights is continuing to provide no obligation solatube and daylighting consultations and installation services during the covid-19 pandemic and related economic crises, as we are fortunate enough to operate in a way consistent with CDC recommendations, the White House’s 15 day plan as well as the state of North Carolina and South Carolina executive orders.
Carolina Skylight ’s priority is the health and safety of the community, our customers and employees.
We are committed to reducing the risk of COVID-19 while still enabling people to go solar, which provides certainty and safety for families during this uncertain time.Carolina Skylight’s leadership team is ensuring that workforce is following the latest recommendations from public health authorities.
Phone Solatube Consultations:
While we expect most customers to still prefer in-home consultations, our field sales force can conduct virtual home consultations for customers utilizing video-conferencing technology and asking a few questions about your home and attic space
A reminder that Solatubes are manufactured in California so by purchasing Solatube(s) from Carolina Skylights you are making a commitment to American workers when our economy needs it most.
Here are some of the precautions we are committing to:
- Actively engaging with our employees to ensure that no one is conducting installations who shouldn’t be – based on their recent travel, interactions, showing signs of symptoms, etc.
- Cancelled all business travel and conferences through at least 04/30/202o
- Working to ensure that our Carolina Skylights Team members and partners understand and follow all CDC guidelines and best practices.
- Encouraging our Solatube installers to take proper sanitary measures the entire time they are at your home.
- Implemented social distancing policies in our office and warehouse such as staggering start times of our installation crews
To make these precautionary measures as effective as possible, we need your support. When our installation crew arrives, they are going to ask to maintain physical distance of at least 6 feet, and they will not shake your hand. This isn’t because they’re unfriendly, it is because they’re following CDC guidelines to maintain proper safety. They may even arrive wearing rubber gloves or a facemask as an added precaution. We respect their choice to do so, and ask that you respect it as well.
Our operations team may even ask about your health or recent international travel. We respect your privacy and don’t need any personal details, but if you think you may be sick, or if you’ve visited an area with active outbreaks, please let us know and we’ll happily come back at another time.
If you’re uncomfortable about this process, now or at any time until your scheduled appointment, please reach out to operations team at 1-87-SOLATUBE or 704-750-5483.